Protest organized by loco running staff
A protest for their demands will be organized by Indian Railways workers between 15-19 June under the banner of the All India Loco Running Staff Association. During this five-day protest, they will perform their duties while wearing black bands and demonstrations will also be held at loco lobbies. On 19 June, a charter of demands will be given to the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) in a protest in front of the office.
The demands of the All India Loco Running Staff Association are:
- Halt anti-worker amendments to labour laws
- Scrap the stay order on increasing dearness allowance
- Running allowance for spare days should be included in monthly salary during lockdown
- Leave allowance should be given to running staff stranded during return
- Protection measures against COVID-19 should be ensured at railway workstations, in loco cabs and in running rooms as per WHO and Government of India guidelines.