On 6 October 2017 villagers of Ramgarh organised a one-day token demonstration under the leadership of Lok Jan Samiti Ramgarh to demand improvement in the condition of the community health centers (CHC) in the village.
The villagers submitted a memorandum to the health minister highlighting the fact that many positions in the health centers have been lying vacant for a very long time. Even basic medical instruments and machines are not available at the center. In the memorandum they warned the Health Minister that the agitation would be intensified if the demands listed are not fulfilled.
The demonstration was addressed by representative of various organisation including vice president of All India Council of Lok Raj Sangathan Comrade Hanuman Prasad Sharma, unit president Krishna Kumar, secretary of lok Jan Samiti Maniram Lakesar, president of Gram Vikas Samiti Om Sahu, Panchayat sarpanch Om Prakash, Ramesh Swami, Om Dev, Ram Pratap, Palaram Bhambhu, Banwari Lal, Rajkumar Bagoria, Hardevram, Gautam, and Panna laal.
The memorandum listed following demands:
- the posts of one Senior Medical Specialist, one Senior Surgeon, Senior Medical Officer, and one Medical Officer must be immediately filled.
- the posts of first and second nurse must be filled immediately. Two other nurses who have been transferred elsewhere should be brought back.
- Radiographer, X-Ray machine, and CBC, and 104 and 108 ambulance services for pregnant women should be provided immediately.
- The doctors and medical staff should be provided with residential facilities as per the norms of the CHC.
- Dharamshala should be constructed for lodging persons accompanying the patients, as per rules and norms.