The Kisan VIkas Samiti of Nohar demonstrated in front of the sub-divisional office demanding water to full level in the feeders of Nohar, Khinaniya and Jasana. The Samiti submitted a 13-point petition to the officials, comprising the following demands, besides various others
- Link the Nohar tributary with the Indira Gandhi Canal with immediate effect
- Provide Nohar feeder with water to its full capacity of 332 cusecs
- The canal’s water level reduces to nil and there is a lot of variation in its levels in the course of its flow. This has been neglected by the Irrigation Department. This neglect must be corrected
- Nohar and Jasana tributaries never receive their full share of water as per regulations
- Command area of Nohar tributary to be surveyed again
Theft of water in Haryana from the Nohar feeder to be halted immediately.